Our clients include borrowers of all sizes – from family run businesses to large conglomerates – who seek our counsel on financing expansions, acquisitions, real estate acquisitions and projects, and ongoing operations. We also provide our banking and financial institutions clients with innovative solutions that protect their interests and investments across a wide range of products and lending activities, including loans to purchase and develop real estate, acquisition financing, loans to distressed businesses, asset-based lending, and mezzanine loans. Business and financial institutions clients benefit from our representation of both borrowers and lenders because we understand the motivations, concerns and pressures faced by the other side in the transaction, and we use that knowledge to identify and resolve issues to achieve timely and efficient execution.
Our attorneys have significant experience in assisting startups, growth companies, privately held and public companies, raise capital through private placements, Reg CF offerings, and mezzanine financing. We also work with a variety of sponsors and investors to structure and manage private equity funds, venture capital funds, real estate funds, hedge funds, and other funds.
Representative recent transactions include:
- Structuring and documenting over $2.5 billion of Regulation D capital raises in a wide variety of industries, from real estate to securities, both domestically and around the world.
- Structuring, documenting and closing over $4 billion of various loans including conventional, taxable and tax-exempt bond transactions, syndicated, asset-based, real estate, mezzanine, aircraft, ships, offshore funds, and artwork related.
- Representation of borrower in negotiating a $350 million syndicated asset securitization.
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting a $300 million multi-bank syndicated loan to an international clothing industry company.
- Structuring, documenting and closing a $100 million real estate fund focused on the multi-family, senior living and hospitality markets.
- Representation of a private equity fund in negotiating a $50 million subscription credit facility.
- Representation of investment fund sponsor in the formation and closing of multiple private equity and hedge fund access funds and fund of funds.
- Restructuring or working out in excess of $350 million of troubled loans.