We represent owners, investors, lenders, and others in a wide variety of business transactions, including joint ventures and other strategic alliances, debt and equity financings, mergers, friendly and contested acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, and recapitalizations, including purchases and sales of middle-market, family-owned businesses, and multimillion-dollar acquisitions involving large international companies.
We develop multiple financing options for all transactions whether it is debt, equity, or “hybrid” convertible securities, and negotiate terms for documented earnouts, delayed payouts, escrows, cash stock elections, warrants and other variations, taxable and tax-free, and counsel all stakeholders, including management, stockholders, lenders and financial intermediaries.
Our clients include investment funds and companies in the cannabis, digital marketing, battery technology, biotechnology, health club, restaurant, retail, medical software, transportation, logistics, cloud computing and fuel distribution businesses.
Representative recent transactions include:
- Representation of a private equity fund as the capital partner in the formation of multiple joint ventures to acquire, develop, finance and operate over $300 million of data centers in the United States and Canada.
- Representation of several family offices’ investments in multiple operating companies.
- Representation of operating partner in the formation of a joint venture to acquire and operate a multi-state portfolio of automatic car washes, and the acquisition and financing of individual car wash businesses in North Carolina, New York, and New Jersey.
- Representation of operating partner in the formation of a joint venture to acquire and operate a cannabis growth and distribution facility in California.
- Representation of co-general partner in the formation of a new real estate private equity fund adviser and the formation of its first pooled investment fund.
- Representation of sponsors, investors, buyers and sellers in the acquisition or sale of more than 100 privately held companies.