We provide perspective and guidance on operational, personnel, and financial reporting issues, including compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, finance, tax, real estate, succession planning, and the resolution of business disputes.
Many of our lawyers have served as general counsel to large enterprises, assisting them in identifying business challenges, risks and obstacles, and implementing solutions. Our lawyers are particularly adept in helping companies experiencing rapid growth to protect their business and avoid costly mistakes by focusing on legal priorities that could have a lasting impact on their future financial and business performance.
When counseling clients on a business structure, we work with the client to choose one that best aligns with their business plans. All entities including partnerships, joint ventures, sole proprietorships, limited liability companies, and corporations, come with different benefits and burdens. Partnering with the client, our lawyers consider a number of factors, including the client’s short- and long-term business plans, financial objectives, and tolerance for risk, before recommending the best structure for their business.
Representative recent matters include:
- Advising multiple real estate private equity funds on fund formation and operations, co-investment formation and operations, and regulatory compliance.
- Advising a founding partner of a private equity firm in a business control dispute.
- Establishing an employee incentive plan for a real estate investor/developer and several operating companies.
- Establishing employee incentives and benefits and implementing fair employee restrictive covenants for a newly acquired company.
- Amicably resolving multiple “business divorces” between co-owners, while avoiding costly litigation.